Sunday, September 21, 2008

Greetings from Chaclayo!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, So sorry it has been so long since my last post...Internet has been hard to come by. I finally found a pretty cheap internet cafe near my house, so hopefully I can be more regular with the posts!

Ok to fill you in. I am living in the barrio of 3 de Octubre about a 40 minute walk from the Peace Corps center in Chaclayo. My family is absolutly amazing! I have a host mom, Luzmila, a dad, Elipio, Sister, Liz, brother, Limber, sister in law, Roxanna, and a niece Alejandra. I love them all, they have been so greast helping me with my spanish and feeding me very well! Needless to say I do love Peruvian food!

Classes have been going great so far. The usual bumps in trying to remember my spanish have occurred. My Spanish class is very small, only 4 people in my group (this is normal for a Peace Corps language group) and my Health classes have been very informative! I am just hving such a blast getting to know the other 46 people in my training class. My only regret is that I dont have much time to keep in touch with you all from home. I wake up at 6 and am meeting the other 4 gringos in my barrio by 7 to walk to class. We are done by 5 and spend a few hours getting to know the city and its people. Then I´m usually home by 7 or 8 in time for either supper or the neighborhood soccer tournament. Right now El Cuerpo de Paz has lost 2 games...but they were very close!

But to sum up this post. I´m doing good, I love ev erything here...except for the keyboards...so I apologize for the errors I´m sure are in here! And I miss you all Loads. I will try to post some pictures and a video of my house tomorrow!

Love you all!
Jenny

No comments: